Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sewing is a Pain - Especially when Sewing Obscure things...

The most annoying thing that happens while trying to create a costume is being unable to find the right pattern (so far as I have learned).



I am making a Sakura (from Tsubasa Chronicles) costume, but can't find any patterns (for her shoes) that are similar (see first picture).



Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.



^-^


The pictures following this are some reference pictures I used for the costume (which I haven't started yet, I am just looking).











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can go to a Walmart, Target, or payless (heck even HEB if you live in Texas) and get a pair of shoes that are called 'ballet flats'. These are more or less the type of shoe that Sakura wears plus they're extremely comfortable. I'm going to warn you though, these shoes come in several styles and even more designs on the shoe (some have ruffles, some are zibra striped, and some have bows while others are neon pink!). Just get some plain white ballet flats and you're good to go!

Theodora the half angel said...

Thank-you for the advice :D

I have put this costume on hold for a while. There are so many others I am working on XD